While a roof leak in Aurora,Co is easy to notice after the fact, very few people think about what actually needs to be done to prevent a roof leak. As ASAP ROOFING, a national roofing company with offices in Aurora, Co., Dallas, Tx., Indianapolis, In., and Atalanta, Ga., is always interested in helping customers avoid the unfortunate experience of discovering a roof leak while also experiencing harsh weather, they share these top five ways to prevent a roof leak form happening in the first place.
- Research the appropriate roofing product for your home. As ASAP ROOFING knows, not all roofs are the same, and according to the National Roofing Contractors Alliance (NRCA), matching the roofing material to the home is the number one way to ensure roof longevity and performance.
- Use roofing underlayment products that are designed to be used with the roofing material you choose. Just as with roofing material, not all roofing underlayment is the same, and according to Rhino Roof, a company that manufactures Inter Wrap roofing underlayment, using the highest quality roofing underlayment will minimize any absorption of water which can lead to a water leak.
- Have a licensed roofing contractor install your roof. While many construction workers can install a roof, a licensed roofing contractor will be able to educate and advise you on the best quality roofing products as well as the best matched roofing product for your home.
- Know the appropriate application tips and techniques for the roofing products that are used on your home. According to Gardner-Gibson, a national roofing product company, the application of the roofing material is just as important as the material itself.
- Maintain your roof. Each roofing product has specific maintenance requirements, and following these will not only minimize roofing repair down the road, but also help maintain your roof’s warranty. According to Igor Kublitskiy, co-owner of ASAP ROOFING, once the roof is installed, maintaining it correctly is the most important thing a homeowner can do to prevent a roof leak.
As always, ASAP ROOFING wants to ensure that their customers have the best roofing experience possible, and part of that is becoming educated about what it takes to prevent a roof leak. For more information about ASAP ROOFING, just visit asaproofing.com
National Roofing Contractors Association www.nrca.com
Rhino Roof www.rhinoroof.com
Written by Nick Dorotik